Tuesday, September 14, 2010

From The Field


Symposium SHF'10

For the academic course I undergoing, I had assigned to organize an event, Symposium, which an event that will held once a time every year. All of the students that are undergoing the course Marketing Management participated in organizing this event. I was assigned in the protocol unit. And as a member of protocol unit, I had to follow up the schedule of the event. The main task for the protocol group is to make sure all of the others group is following the itinerary. Besides that, we had to arrange the schedule for others group too. We also need to solve the problem when others group face the problem. Besides that, I had assigned individually to work with one of the group member to design and prepare the tentative of the hall. We also assigned to prepare the script of the speech for the Faculty Dean during the opening ceremony of the event. On that day, I had assigned to be the emcee for one of the hall. I had to make sure the presention run smoothly. In addition, I also ask for prepare and follow up the “lucky draws” program. As conclusion, I had taken part for the event since the beginning of planning until the end of the event. It was a great experience for me.  It let me improve my management and leadership skill. At the same time, I had learned how to work as an independent player and also a team player.

I had showed all of the tentative and the Dean’s speech that we designed and prepared in PowerPoint presentation.  
Please click the picture below to view it:


Final Year Project

Besides the event of Symposium, for the academic course I was enrolled in, Bachelor’s Degree of Management (Marketing), I decided to research on Consumer Behavior towards Counterfeit Product. This is a final year’s project. As a student that undergoing the course of Marketing, I should understand the demand and requirement of the markets. But however, the main competitor of the market that I find out is counterfeit products. Counterfeit products can include everything; it includes shirt, handbags, phone, music CDs, drugs, computer software and many. To understand the market and have a great potential market for the product, I must firstly understand the consumers’ behavior towards the main competitor of the markets, counterfeit product. After understand the consumers behavior towards counterfeit product, I can help companies to understand the main factors influencing consumer behavior toward counterfeits and create effective anti piracy strategies.